- By Virginia Lopez
- Posted Friday, November 17, 2023
NC State Extension Master Food Volunteer Program
2024 Application Process is NOW OPEN!!!
The NC State Extension Master Food Volunteer (EMFV) program provides NC residents the opportunity to engage with their communities by supporting N.C. Cooperative Extension programming in the areas of nutrition, cooking, food safety, and food systems. N.C. Cooperative Extension provides evidence-based information through community classes and events.
Anyone interested in cooking, nutrition, food safety, or food systems and ready to volunteer and serve the residents of Forsyth County can apply!
- Application Opens: 11/7/2023
- Application Deadline: 11/30/2023
- Interview Dates: 12/12/2023 & 12/14/2023 (by appointment)
- Training Begins: 1/16/2024 (3 hrs. per session, 2 sessions per week, for 5 weeks)
Opportunities for Volunteer Services Include:
- Forsyth Cooperative Extension
- Senior Centers
- Community Centers
- Food Pantries
- Fairs/Festivals and much more!!!
What is Expected?
- Complete the EMFV application and interview
- Complete mandatory 30 hours of training
- Communicate volunteer interests that suit your skills to your supervising agent
- Contribute 30 hours of shadowing your supervising agent within the first year of service
- Contribute 20 hours of service per year, and 10 hours of continuing education
- Registration cost: $50
Topics Covered in Training:
- Program Management
- Food Safety & Preservation
- Nutrition Basics Cooking Techniques
- Food Systems
- Diversity, Inclusion, Equity
- Cooking Demonstrations
Please print the application and submit to the Agriculture Building at the address below via email, mail, or drop it off by 11/30/2023. If you have any further questions about the application process, please contact Virginia at the number listed below.
Virginia C. Lopez
Family and Consumer Sciences Agent
N.C. Cooperative Extension - Forsyth County
1450 Fairchild Rd.
Winston-Salem, NC 27105
Main Office: (336) 703-2850
Direct Office: (336) 703-2867
N.C. Cooperative Extension prohibits discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, and veteran status.