- By Enviromental Assistance and Protection
- Posted Tuesday, November 7, 2023
Forsyth County’s Recycling Convenience Center has Resumed Operation
The county’s recycling convenience center located at 445 Lindsay Street in Kernersville has resumed operation after being closed for 10 months for repairs. Operating hours are Tuesday through Saturday from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m., except for holidays.
Recycling helps conserve natural resources, prevent pollution, conserve energy and prolong the useful life of our landfills.
Recyclable Materials Accepted at the Forsyth County Convenience Centers:
- Corrugated Cardboard
- Chipboard (e.g., cereal boxes, cracker boxes, etc.)
- Magazines, Newspapers, Office Paper, Telephone Books, Catalogs
- Aluminum Beverage Cans
- Steel, Tin and Bi-metal Food and Beverage Cans
- Glass Food and Beverage Containers (e.g., bottles, jars, etc.)
- All Plastic Items with Resin Identification Codes Numbered 1, 2 and 5
All recyclable materials must be clean and free of contaminants. Glass, metal, and plastic food containers must be rinsed clean. Cardboard food containers must be free of grease and other residue.
For more information, please click here